BCRA Rodeo Entry Guidelines & Procedures
Procedures when using the entry system
- Association Card Number.
(No person will be allowed to enter without the card numbers of everyone being entered on that call. The entry secretary may request you to get all the card numbers and call back.)
- Your Name.
- Rodeo you are entering.
- Other rodeos you are competing in, if going to more than one.
(Name Association, if it is not a BCRA rodeo).
(This is to increase your priority in order to get the day you specified at a BCRA rodeo.)
- Names and card numbers of people included in your buddy group.
- 1st preference. (Day you would like at BCRA rodeo).
- 2nd preference.
- Events you wish to enter.
- Confirmation number will be given.
Please take a moment and look at the BCRA rulebook “Entry System” Pages 19 to 21.
How to enter a BCRA rodeo online
Go to the BCRA website, www.rodeobc.com and go to EVENTS and click on rodeo online entry date for the particular rodeo you would like to enter (online entries must be submitted during set times ~ see below ~ they are time stamped and will not be accepted outside of the set times). On the top right hand corner you can click ENTER RODEO. A separate entry form for each member of your buddy group must be submitted! Follow the steps below.
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE A 5 MAN OR OVER BUDDY GROUP AND JR AND/OR PW TAGS TO ADD TO YOUR GROUP, YOU MUST USE THE CALL IN TO DO YOUR ENTRIES.
In this screen the rodeo has been set up with the following rules:
- Type in current 2016 membership number; make sure to enter the “JR”, “PW”, “OJR” or “P” if your membership card number has it. Enter your First and Last name as well as phone number and current valid email (a confirmation will be sent to this email). Click on the next button.
- Pick your day/performance preferences (this must be the same for each member of your buddy group) along with any other rodeos or events that are recognized by the BCRA as priority (see page 20 in rule book). Your whole buddy group must be going to all the same events for priority to count. This will be checked and confirmed. Click the next button.
- If you are part of a buddy group, click yes and you will enter the names of members in your buddy group. For junior and/or peewee tags please put on one line together. Click the next button
- You will now pick YOUR events that you are entering in. If you are entering in any local events (check each rodeo information page for local events being held) you will write them in the slot. If you are a team roper, a drop down window will pop up. If you are a header, you will click HEADER, and then write both your heelers’ names. Click the next button.
- You will click the box by ‘I accept’ and then you must click SUBMIT. You will receive a confirmation email back. If you do not receive a confirmation email back, call the entry line at 250.457.6209 asap.
- If you are part of a buddy group, go back and enter your next buddy following the above steps for each member of your buddy group, including tags.
BCRA Entry Office Number
BCES Entry Number 250-457-6209
TUESDAY, (week before rodeo dates) 8 am close 2pm Wednesday (day of call in entries)
BCES will offer online entries to BCRA members 24 hours prior to the actual entry day starting (Tuesday) 8am and closing 2pm Wednesday. Online entries will be available on a link thru the BCRA website. No late entries will be accepted online. Late entries will have to be taken thru the regular phone in late entries. Follow late entry procedures on answering machine.
WEDNESDAY, (week before rodeo dates) / 8am – 2pm
Entry Grace Period
WEDNESDAY, 2PM – 2:30PM TO CHANGE OF FIX GIVEN ENTRIES ONLY. NO NEW ENTRIES WILL BE TAKEN FOR THE RODEO IN PROGRESS.
WEDNESDAY, (week before rodeo dates), 3PM TO THURSDAY CLOSING AT 9AM
If members miss entries on entry day between the scheduled entry times of 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM, members will have the option to enter as a late entry. The late entry time will be on Wednesday starting at 3pm and will close Thursday at 9 am. Late entries will be recorded on the BCES answering machine only – full details of the entry must be provided. (ie: names & card numbers of yourself and buddy group, what other rodeo’s entered, events you are entering, 1st & 2nd pref. and a number you can be reached at.)
A late entry fee of $50.00 per person will be added to your rodeo receipt. Late entries will keep priority when entering late.
*In extreme circumstances if you cannot make entries within this time frame, you may fax your entries to the BCRA office at (250) 457-6265. It is up to the contestant entering that they call the BCRA office back and request a confirmation number to make sure they are entered.* Entries must be faxed by 4pm before day of entries.*
Tuesday (week of rodeo dates) / 8am – 1pm. 250-457-6209.
Priority will be given to the contestants going to the most rodeos by using a point system. Points to be awarded as follows:
- A buddy group includes up to a total of FIVE (5) people. All team roping partners must be included in the same buddy group.All members of the buddy group must go to the same number of rodeos but the lowest priority still affects the whole group. Example: If four people in the buddy group are going to Falkland Pro rodeo and the fifth one is not, that fifth person will bring your priority points down and you may not receive the day you asked for at a BCRA rodeo.
- All information concerning a buddy group must be given on one telephone call. This includes card numbers and all pertinent information regarding this buddy group. If you are within a FIVE (5) man buddy group, the entire five man buddy group will take the priority level of the contestant in the group who is going to the least amount of rodeo’s. If you exceed the five man buddy group, the entire buddy group loses their priority points (0).
- Rodeo priority will be determined by the amount of rodeos the entire buddy group will be entering in. Entire buddy group must be entered in the same rodeos. This will be done on a point system. Rodeo Priority gets you your day but not your draw preference. All those who enter a rodeo and get their day preference, positions will be drawn for randomly in each event.
5 point rodeo’s are: BCRA rodeo’s only.
3 point rodeo’s are: PWRA, CPRA, PRCA, NPRA, WIREA (open indian rodeos)
2 point rodeo’s are: BCHSRA, BCLBRA, JR/SR College rodeos,
1 point rodeo’s are: BCBRA, BCTRA, ACTRA, CSPRA, **If your entire buddy group is not entered in the same rodeos, the person with the lowest priority will determine the priority points of the whole buddy group.**
- Any person not falling into a 5 or less buddy group will automatically receive a low priority, no matter how many rodeos they are entered in.
- If a non-BCRA member enters a BCRA co-approved rodeo, on a co-approval association card, he/she assumes the priority of that co-approving association.
- A BCRA permit holder that enters a BCRA rodeo will be given (4) four points for priority. Full BCRA cardholders will be given (5) points for priority.
- The highest priority within your five-man buddy group will get you your day preference but not your positions.
- PLEASE NOTE: A Junior/Open cardholder will be tagged as a junior tag whether they are in open and/or junior events only.
- Slack may be used as a preference but will only be offered or filled once the events in the performances are full.
- BCES will not take entries from anyone except members in good standing. Absolutely no local entries to be accepted without a guarantee from a BCRA member.
Abuse of the entry system will result in an automatic fine. Priorities given to entry office will be randomly checked
BCRA ADDITIONAL CHARGES:
(These fees are broken down on your rodeo receipt with your entry fees.)
BCES Fee $5.00 All Contestants per rodeo
Judging Fee $5.00 All Contestants per rodeo
Finals Surcharge $5.00 All Open & Junior contestants per rodeo, excluding local entries & PW competitors
Barrel Timer Charge $1.00 Ladies & JR. Barrel Racers only
Breakaway Stock Charge $5.00 BAR, JBAR contestants per run
Team Roping Stock Charge $5.00 TR contestants per run
Tie Down Roping Stock Charge $5.00 TDR contestants per run
Steer Wrestling Stock Charge $5.00 SW contestants per run
Bull Riding Day Money Fee $26.00 BR contestants per rodeo
Late Entry Charge $50.00 per person (if used)